I love life, humanity, truth, animals, and the world!! Some of my adventures include my journey into meditation, becoming a veggie, and fighting for animal rights!!
21 September 2011
The quality of our thoughts determines the quality of our lives!!
This past February I started the seemingly impossible task of learning how to meditate. If you had the ability to read minds, and checked my thoughts back then you would know that I never thought I would be able to relax my mind!! Throughout any given day my thoughts were scattered and moving very quickly similar to a running cheetah on a hunt. I didn’t think I would ever be able to tame my “monkey” mind.
Then I met my meditation instructor Brian. He taught me how to erase words like can’t, won’t, and never from my vocabulary and I slowly learned how to meditate. At first I could only do it with my eyes closed and while listening to a guided meditation CD, but eventually I was able to meditate with my eyes open and in the loudest and most lively situations – like on a bus with 38 screaming Grade 5 children!!
These days I breathe slowly and visualize myself in paradise throughout the day and usually for at least 1 hour!! Sometimes when I am having trouble making my mind still I simply tell my mind “breathe in the peace, breathe out the fear” and just like that I am able to meditate!! For the deepest meditations I need complete silence though. Many times when I am in a deep meditation very creative images come to me!! One time I pictured a gorgeous Indonesian garden complete with sprawling courtyard. The colour scheme was sepia with vibrant flowers in shades of magenta, golden-yellow, and red. I felt complete peace and love!! It was paradise!! I knew in that moment that the quality of my thoughts really does determine the quality of my life!!
If you are interested in taking the free meditation course, let me know and I will give you Brian's contact info :)
Photo Credit: http://dalailina.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/carpool-meditation/
Labels:
meditation,
peace,
quality thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment