Last night I had the honour of helping with “An Evening for the Sharks” – a fundraising event hosted by none other than Rob Stewart and Julie Anderson. The event was being held to support Rob's new NGO United Conservationists (http://unitedconservationists.org/).
As I entered Ultra (the club where it was held) the peace, love, and excitement in the air could not be contained as the other volunteers and I kept telling each other that it was going to be the BEST NIGHT EVER!! We also collectively hoped that the rain would hold off despite the lurking presence of storm clouds.
I honestly struggle to find words to describe the caring hearts of the beautiful people that attended the event. All I can say is that the obvious love and compassionate could be felt in the room and the energy was incredibly loving and peaceful!! The energy seemed to spill out into the street like maple keys being blown by a summer wind and the club reached its capacity of 650 within hours!! I have only felt this kind of energy in the house of my Yogi who has spent almost 30 years planting the seed of serenity!!
I did some petitioning and barely had to say anything about how sharks are on the brink of extinction and what that means for over half of the oxygen supply humans depend on for survival and before I knew it my clipboard was being passed around the crowd of eager shark savers!! Everyone signed the petition with the best intentions and without asking any questions!!
I am a little teary-eyed as I write this because I was so deeply affected by everyone's love and devotion so I will keep my gratitude brief.
Thank you to everyone who showed their incredible love and support for sharks and humanity last night!! You will receive more good karma than you can count!!
Remember...
“Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”
-Ryunosuke Satoro
Also if you feel inclined to make a donation to United Conservations please follow the link below:
Also if you feel inclined to make a donation to United Conservations please follow the link below:
http://unitedconservationists.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=228
Thanks for reading!! xoxo
Thanks for reading!! xoxo
Photo Credit: ElectriCITY Events, Shannon Boomer



No comments:
Post a Comment